Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Restart-AzureWebsite: Your Azure credentials have not been set up

I recently ran into an issue when trying to restart an Azure App Service from PowerShell. The command to do it is Restart-AzureWebsite, but when I attempted to run it, I got the following error:

“Restart-AzureWebsite : Your Azure credentials have not been set up or have expired, please run Add-AzureAccount to set up your Azure credentials”

I ran the Add-AzureAccount command but I continued to get the same error.

After some digging I realized that I had more than 1 Azure subscription and the command was using the wrong one when attempting to restart the website.

I ran the following command to retrieve the subscriptions that are cached on my PC:

Get-AzureSubscription

That returns all of the subscriptions for all of the accounts that you’ve added from Azure. I found the subscription that was correct for the website I was attempting to restart and then ran this command:

Select-AzureSubscription -SubscriptionName "MySubscription"

That set the subscription for the current session to the one that contained the website I needed to restart. From there, everything went smoothly.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment